Now retired, Alan served as president & CEO of The Ford Motor Company, and on the Board of Directors from September 2006 until June 2014. Currently he sits on the Board of Directors of Google, Carbon 3D & Mayo Clinic.
Alan led Ford’s transformation into one of the world’s leading auto companies and #1 brand in the U.S. He also guided Ford in the implementation of the One Ford plan to deliver profitable growth for all the company’s stakeholders.
Prior to his success at Ford, Alan was EVP of The Boeing Company, president and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airlines, and president of Boeing Information, Space and Defense Systems.
He has been widely recognized for his contributions, industry leadership, and service:
- #3 on Fortune’s “World’s Greatest Leaders”
- One of 30 “World’s Best CEOs” – Barron’s’ Magazine
- Named one of “The World’s Most Influential People” – Time Magazine
- Named “Chief Executive of the Year” – Chief Executive Magazine
- Honored with American Society for Quality’s medal for excellence in executive leadership
- Automotive Executive of the Year
- Thomas Edison Achievement Award
In addition, Alan has served on multiple councils and boards in the aeronautic field, including the Board of Governors of the Aerospace Industries Association.