Roger is Executive Chairman of JLL Americas, a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. Roger’s role focuses on client relationships, new business development and strategy. JLL is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world’s largest and most diverse in real estate with more than $47.7 billion of assets under management.
Prior to joining forces with JLL, Roger was Executive Chairman of The Staubach Company, a global real estate advisory firm. At The Staubach Company, Roger focused on user representation and expanded services to meet clients’ ever-changing needs. During fiscal year 2007, The Staubach Company served 3,000+ clients from 70 North American offices, completing 7,280 transactions totaling $28 billion.
A 1965 graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Roger served four years as a Navy officer, including overseas duty in Vietnam for one year. After the Navy he joined the Dallas Cowboys professional football team and launched his real estate career while playing football.
With the Dallas Cowboys, Roger engineered 23 fourth quarter comebacks that produced victories, 14 in the final two minutes of the game or in overtime. Roger played his entire 11 years of professional football with the Dallas Cowboys and was the starting quarterback for eight of those years, leading the team to four Super Bowls and achieving victories in Super Bowls VI and XII.
Roger served as the Chairman of the Host Committee for Super Bowl XLV. He continues to be involved with The Children’s Cancer Fund, the United States Naval Academy Foundation and numerous other civic, charitable, and professional organizations.
Just a few of Roger’s extensive awards include:
- Congressional Medal of Honor “Patriot Award,” 2006
- Commercial Property News’ “Corporate Services Executive of the Year” (four times)
- Dallas Business Journal’s “2007 Business Person of the Year”
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas CEO of the Year, 1999
- Office & Industrial Properties Executive of the Year, 1998
- Heisman Trophy, 1963
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, 1985
- NFL Players Most Valuable Player, 1971
- NCAA Theodore Roosevelt Award, 2000
- Peyton Manning PeyBack Award, 2002
- Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence, 2009
- Holocaust Museum – Humanitarian Award, 2010
- SEAL Legacy Award, 2011
- Woodrow Wilson International Center Awards – Public Service, 2012